|LeBron James Scoring Tracker: pursuing Kareem Abdul-scoring Jabbar's record|
LeBron James Scoring Statistics
LeBron James is attempting to surpass Kareem Abdul-NBA Jabbar's scoring record.
LeBron James is in striking distance of Kareem Abdul-all-time Jabbar's points record, which is expected to fall this season (38,387 points). NBA.com will track LeBron's pursuit of the record throughout the whole season.
LeBron James needs 224 points to surpass Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in lifetime scoring.
NBA's scoring record book (Top 10)
At what point will LeBron surpass Kareem?
Based on his lifetime scoring average of 27.2 points per game, James would need to play in eight additional contests to break the record. That would put him on schedule to surpass the mark against Oklahoma City on February 7. Below is a window of five Lakers games occuring around that day.
- Feb. 2: at Indiana Pacers (7 ET, NBA League Pass)
- February 4: versus the New Orleans Pelicans (8 ET, NBA League Pass)
- 7 February: against Oklahoma City Thunder (10:30 ET, NBA League Pass)
- Feb. 9: vs. Milwaukee Bucks (10 ET, TNT)
- 11 February: against Golden State Warriors (8:30 ET, ABC).
LeBron's last 5 games
22 January: Lakers 121, Trail Blazers 112, for 37 points.
Jan. 20: Lakers 122, Grizzlies 121 | 23 points
Jan. 18: Kings 116, Lakers 111 | 32 points
16 January: Lakers 140, Rockets 132, with 48 points
Jan. 15: 76ers 113, Lakers 112 | 35 points
LeBron James's next five games
- Jan. 24: vs. LA Clippers (10 ET, TNT)
- 25 January: vs San Antonio Spurs (10:30 ET, NBA League Pass)
- January 28: away versus the Boston Celtics (8:30 ET, ABC)
- Jan. 30: at Brooklyn Nets (7:30 ET, NBA TV)
- January 31: away vs the New York Knicks (7:30 ET, TNT)